Monday, November 29, 2010

#18: Back from Thanksgiving Break



After a week off of school and HitchBlog I'm back with some new information! How's that for rewarding a wait?

We went to visit the beach house while my parents were here and it was nice but not exactly what we were hoping for... The neighbors are really close, the yard is overgrown, and I think we can do a little better. So - STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING - if you're trying to make reservations for a place to stay! I think we'll try to keep in that same general area and are hoping to look at an alternate location on Friday when Charlie is off work... We hope to have a replacement lined up in the next week or two. In which case, of course, if you're interested in renting our original site I can give you the information. But that's neither here nor there at the moment. Keep your fingers crossed and I'll let you know when we get it nailed down. Umkhay? =)

As far as everything else is coming along... I needed to take last week off to stop and evaluate some of my choices (ahem invitations ahem), and am going to make a few changes before charging forward with this fantastical event. I'm feeling good about things, though, and I'm ready to get on with the planning! Lots to do! Plenty of time! Don't freak out! (mantra)

We've decided to abandon the amazon registry and go for a more universal online registry, which we'll probably get around to padding with designer kitchen towels in a few weeks or so. Charlie's working long hours at the photo studio and I'm slaving away at graduate school (okay, maybe not that drastic but I'm a little busy) so I expect to start getting a lot done when Christmas break rolls around. For now, I'm obsessing about shrugs. Also, tulle. (oh lord)

2 comments:

  1. I don't need a registry for you. I already have my eye on a designer china gravy boat. Maybe something in Vera Wang or Kate Spade (does Kate Spade do gravy boats?).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I REALLY REALLY want one! *grin* Just kidding. I really don't. I have one already and it's designer Targhet! ;p

    ReplyDelete