Saturday, April 9, 2011

#59

The dreadedness has arrived... HAIR AND MAKEUP. I'd say that, next to accessories, this is the farthest from my field of expertise seeing as how I've mostly had SHORTSHORT hair and minimal makeup going on in my life. My hair's growing out some and my New Year's resolution last year was to wear more red lipstick (starting from ground zero I can definitely say that I kept that resolution), but dramatic makeup and styled hair isn't really my forte.

So I brought in the fair C.E. Morgan and we went on a makeup styles bender yesterday at Nordstroms - services provided by MAC, Chanel, Bobby Brown and Clarins. Let's just say my lips were rubbed raw after the colorful stylings of the day... We went through a bunch of lip looks, from Jersey Girl to VaVa Vamp to Mad Men to Blushing Bride... The first was the most traumatic, and we began to realize we needed to move on toward Chanel when the lady started going on about my olive-toned skin and cotton candy pink matte lipstick. ha. Have you seen me? Yeah, no olive. I wish.

I think we managed to narrow the look(s) down to a nice neutral peachy pink palatte for starters, followed by (of course) Mad Men power pout for the party mode. Let's just call the two looks the Betty and the Joan. ;) Of course. You can see on my blog how influenced I am by everything I see, so it only makes sense that, 3 seasons into Mad Men it's now in our wedding.



Which brings us to hair...

You'll notice that the two photos above have kind of similar do's going on... because I think I've decided to get my hair bobbed. Its kind of at that point where, if we try really hard we can manage an up-do with a lot of bobby pins, but I'm kinda thinkin' I have something else in mind.






The bigger decision here is whether to do a more traditional 50's bob and style or whether to make it look a little more modern. I see a hair consultation in my near future... :)








No comments:

Post a Comment